Tips and frequently asked questions
How should I dress?
Whether you dress casual or formal is up to you, but in my experience going too far either way isn't optimal. Just as an example: a tie and a dress shirt would be a bit to formal, and a printed T shirt and sneakers would be to casual.
I never tell clients exactly what to wear, but I have a few suggestions about what not to wear:
- Sleeveless shirts (Men)
- Loud patterns or neon colors
- Printed T-shirts
- New or uncomfortable shoes. Engagement shoots often involve walking between different locations and possibly through unpaved terrain. If you would like to wear shoes in the photos that you cannot walk long distances in, I recommend bringing along a comfortable pair to walk in, like flip-flops.
- Identical outfits, or even similar colors
- Be sure not to bring anything you have to carry, like a purse, handbag, or sunglasses.
- Guys: be sure to leave anything bulky (like a wallet) at home, the imprint in your pants can be noticeable.
LOOKING YOUR BEST
- The camera is very sensitive to color variations, so I recommend that couples consider a teeth whitening treatment just before a photo shoot.
- Any concerns with complexion should be handled with makeup (men & women). It can be much more expensive to fix afterwards.
- Avoid any form of tanning! While the effect of a tan may look pleasing in person, it often leaves the skin looking unnatural in photographs, especially when it is overdone.
- Below is a list of recommended Philadelphia Area locations without entrance fees, but feel free to choose your own location within 30 miles of the city. Some couples choose a sentimental location with some meaning for you both. Example Here.
- You will be responsible to cover my admission fee if your location requires them.
Urban/Natural Mix Locations:
Engagement shoots are always scheduled 1.5 hours before sunset or at sunrise. You can check sunrise and sunset times for you date Here.
If it rains on the date of your engagement we typically reschedule.
You will receive your images within 4 weeks of your session. Please plan your session date accordingly to be able to ship your save the dates on time.
Carefully consider the turnaround time. It may not be possible for me to accommodate special requests, even for 1 or 2 images. I keep my post production to a very strict schedule so I can deliver my images on-time to everyone. Any effort to expedite your images would have to be at the expense of someone else.
To schedule your engagement shoot please click the link below.
The appointment times are only placeholders. There is a sunrise (6am) and a sunset (5pm) option. You can check exact sunrise and sunset times here. Sunrise sessions begin right at sunrise and sunset begin 1.5-2 hours before sunset.