Tips and frequently asked questions
How should I dress?
Whether you dress casual or formal is up to you, but in my experience going too far either way isn't optimal. Just as an example: a tie and a dress shirt would be a bit to formal, and a printed T shirt and sneakers would be to casual.
I never tell clients exactly what to wear, but I have a few suggestions about what not to wear:
- Sleeveless shirts (Men)
- Loud patterns or neon colors
- Printed T-shirts
- New or uncomfortable shoes. Engagement shoots often involve walking between different locations and possibly through unpaved terrain. If you would like to wear shoes in the photos that you cannot walk long distances in, I recommend bringing along a comfortable pair to walk in, like flip-flops.
- Identical outfits, or even similar colors
- Be sure not to bring anything you have to carry, like a purse, handbag, or sunglasses.
- Guys: be sure to leave anything bulky (like a wallet) at home, the imprint in your pants can be noticeable.
LOOKING YOUR BEST
- The camera is very sensitive to color variations, so I recommend that couples consider a teeth whitening treatment just before a photo shoot.
- Any concerns with complexion should be handled with makeup (men & women). It can be much more expensive to fix afterwards.
- Avoid tanning! While the effect of a tan may look pleasing in person, it often leaves the skin looking unnatural in photographs, especially when it is overdone.
Let me know your preference: an urban, natural, or sentimental location with some meaning for you both.
The best time for engagements shoots is a few hours after sunrise or before sunset.
You will receive your images within 4 weeks of your session. Please plan your session date accordingly to be able to ship your save the dates on time.
Once you ready to schedule a session please fill out the form below: